10 December 2014

Trust

Why do we trust? Why is it that trust is always broken?
Shattered to a thousand pieces,
But still my heart yearns to trust again,
To give another try, another..another..How many times?
I try to forget that word but it just creeps in
A slow steady process, that goes on.
When will this stop? When will I no longer have the ability?
A little more into time may be,

May be when my heart has been ripped so many times,
That the shreds and pieces are invisible,
When it can no longer try to get back together,
No longer try to be one whole soul.
I have learnt quite a lot in these few years of life,
But is it enough? I need more,
More pain, more frustration, more sorrow,
Now I feel I will extend a welcoming hand to anyone,
Any one who promises a little more pain, a little more sorrow,
The need for that extends to just a little more….
Then my work will be done,
My heart will have achieved its shapeless form,
Where no one, none will ever be able to find a place,
A place however small, will not be available,
My soul will turn to stone, unable to feel, unable to love,
But will that be enough? Will that word trust find it no longer has a place…?

-Salvo

No comments:

Post a Comment