10 December 2014

How Hard

As I entered the college gate, I saw them staring,
Them would mean him and a few of his friends; that was a routine,
Every day as I would come, they would stare,
At first it was pretty irritating, now I have got used to it;
Used to their staring, and well I should too,
It’s been three years, three years of the same routine…..
Today though, their stare was a bit different, a bit scary…
They were all drunk…
Almost all boys of the college were drunk today;
Given today was the last day of college and it was nothing unusual…
The looks though continued to blog me
But well, I ignored them; I knew these boys; my fathers students,
Well, they were his students, some years back at least……
As far as I remember my fathers’ story,
They were the ones, whom my father had beaten up once,
Quite badly actually, they were a troublesome cue after-all;
So all I did was ignore them; ignore for all three years…
Three years of college…
But they did not look this…scary usually…
Not this scary…

May be I was imagining things; that must be it…..
As I was leaving the college, I noticed they were not there,
This was odd…it was their custom to stand there,
Stand and stare as I came to or left college every day…..
Ignoring it again, I left; walking home; it was quite late…
Towards the dusk…
I crossed the main road to take a shortcut home,
I was prohibited to use it, still it was already dark, and I felt creepy…..
As I entered the cross road, I saw a lone white ambassador,
Only one vehicle in the street, it was usual, but I was suddenly panicky,
Still, I kept walking; I guess the events of the day had gone through my brain…
I approached the van trying to seem nonchalant,
And before I could even register what was happening, I was pulled in,
I remember all of them there…all those whom I had ignored,
Ignored for years in college…they were all there…
One by one, one by one the torture continued till they were done…..
The ambassador started moving…came to another street,
The door opened, the one I had banged for so long opened at last…
But I had no more strength nor need…..
I stayed still, unable to move, unable to think, unable to see, unable to feel…..
They lifted me and threw me to the street,
Covered in blood and tatters, torn dress, ripped heart, no feelings at all…..
I don’t remember who found me, who brought me home,
I heard my fathers muted cries;laughter of people outside…
The laughter echoes into my room as I lay there…..
They say that was a revenge for my fathers over righteousness,
My father had beaten them up…yes, but how hard?
How hard…?

-Inferno & Salvo

No comments:

Post a Comment