12 December 2014

I will Wait

Leaving are you? Fine I will wait...
I was missing you so much today...but I knew chances of talking to you were bleak
Suddenly though you contacted me yourself, imagine my surprise! You were making time for me?
I hoped against hope that this was not the fairy tale dream it seemed to me
I couldn't find the courage to believe in this truth, accept it....what if it were a dream?
Would I be able to tolerate the shock? Would I be able to accept the disappointment?
I stopped my thought forcefully right there, let whatever's meant to happen, happen; I will think then

Forcefully bade adieu to the beautiful pictures that had started to form in front of my eyes
But you proved all my musings wrong, it was indeed not a dream...so many words spoken
So many unspoken words communicated silently, but all the while I could not bring myself to believe
And imagine when the faith came, when it was time for you to depart, time for the old longing to return
I do not know the count of the times I have visited that ole traversed path
Every moment every second, every day every night has seen me dwell on the same road again and again
Sometimes in a burst of happiness, sometimes in a urge to get rid of my chaotic thoughts, sometimes without a reason
I have reached the end many times, seen the path end, but my heart never did accept it to be the end
It has kept a constant hope alight, more is to come; more memories are to be formed...
Well it was not exactly wrong was it? You did come and we did walk the same lane even if for a minimal time
Secretly creeping to my side when I was so lost in your thoughts you surprised me
Playfully in a soft whisper into my ears that left a bright glow in my soul you whispered, I am here
It is for this glow that I feel in your presence that I have tolerated the un-daunting torture of so many sleepless nights
If a tear did leak out of my traitor eyes, I have always catered to my souls call, always said,
Leaving are you? Fine, I will wait.....
-InfernoSalvo


No comments:

Post a Comment