16 January 2015

Chapter 5-Good morning and Good night

"Good Morning Beautiful,

Good morning, beautiful, how was your night?
Mine was wonderful with you by my side
And when I open my eyes to see your sweet face
It's a good morning, beautiful day

I couldn't see the light, I didn't know day from night
I had no reason to care
Well, since you've came along, I can face the dawn
'Cause I know, you'll be there


Good morning, beautiful, how was your night?
Mine was wonderful with you by my side
And when I open my eyes to see your sweet face
It's a good morning, beautiful day

I never worry if it's raining outside
'Cause in here with you, girl, the sun always shines

Good morning, beautiful, how was your night?
Mine was wonderful with you by my side
And when I open my eyes to see your sweet face
It's a good morning, beautiful day

Hmm, good morning, beautiful day
Hmm, it's a beautiful day
Good morning beautiful, good morning beautiful
Good morning, what a beautiful day
Good morning beautiful, good morning beautiful”
“Good morning!” the little lioness stretched like a petted cat under the covers; what a beautiful thing to wake up to, what a beautiful sound to wake up to. Music seemed to gain a whole new meaning when it came from that fountain of nectar. Goodness knew what in that voice made it so utterly heavenly, but the smallest sounds from it was music, and music from it, was paradise. Alaina wished she could just continue listening to that sound, get lost in that vivid masterpiece, drown in that profound nautical. “How is my lady love this beautiful morning?” The word lady love seemed to find new altitudes now that it had dripped from those lucid lips. “Mmmm I love you Agron…what a beautiful way to open my eyes…””You made my life beautiful by just being there my sweetness, can’t I beautify even one morning?””From when do you speak such caramel? Oh gosh, I will fall in love with you again Rex””Rex?””Mmmm Rex, you are my Rex, my king.””Ok fine, now enough of all this, you need to focus, it is the first day of your job remember?” There, this man she definitely knew. Alaina rolled the glorious orbs at her beloved beau; Agron could be such a mood killer. “Ouch, yeah, yeah right, I will focus, I will work.””Fine, get ready, I will talk to you later again, bye.” Agron vanished as spontaneously as he had sung her awake. Petite hands pulled the covers closer and snuggled further into the warmth, maybe searching for the smell of the musk and wet soil that had once assaulted her senses. It was indeed a very beautiful day, rather to Alaina, it was the most beautiful day of her life. She didn't know how, she didn't know when but she had definitely found love in that bastard. The voice that had haunted her most horrid nightmares and also soothed her out of them, the voice that had ignited the Vesuvius and had also tranquil led it, the voice that had given voice to the silence, had today, become her voice.
I will Wait


Leaving are you? Fine I will wait...
I was missing you so much today...but I knew chances of talking to you were bleak
Suddenly though you contacted me yourself, sang to me; imagine my surprise! You were making time for me?
I hoped against hope that this was not the fairy tale dream it seemed to me
I couldn't find the courage to believe in this truth, accept it....what if it were a dream?
Would I be able to tolerate the shock? Would I be able to accept the disappointment?
I stopped my thought forcefully right there, let whatever's meant to happen, happen; I will think then
Forcefully bade adieu to the beautiful pictures that had started to form in front of my eyes
But you proved all my musings wrong, it was indeed not a dream...so many words spoken
So many unspoken words communicated silently, but all the while I could not bring myself to believe
And imagine when the faith came, when it was time for you to depart, time for the old longing to return
I do not know the count of the times I have visited that ole traversed path
Every moment every second, every day every night has seen me dwell on the same road again and again
Sometimes in a burst of happiness, sometimes in a urge to get rid of my chaotic thoughts, sometimes without a reason
I have reached the end many times, seen the path end, but my heart never did accept it to be the end
It has kept a constant hope alight, more is to come; more memories are to be formed...
Well it was not exactly wrong was it? You did come and we did walk the same lane even if for a minimal time
Secretly creeping to my side when I was so lost in your thoughts you surprised me
Playfully in a soft whisper into my ears that left a bright glow in my soul you whispered, I am here
It is for this glow that I feel in your presence that I have tolerated the undaunting torture of so many sleepless nights
If a tear did leak out of my traitor eyes, I have always catered to my souls call, always said,
Leaving are you? Fine, I will wait.....
“Good morning sweetheart!” The sweet waves of her mothers voice invaded the dreams of the sleeping beauty. “Its your first day to work, come on, you will get late!” Alaina peeked at her mother from behind her lashes. Somehow this reminded her of school days. Her poor mother had always had a hard time kicking the sweet butt off the bedding. Stretching like a feline, the cat hopped off the rocker. “Good morning mother, it’s a beautiful day isn't it?” “It is darling, now, what brings such a bright smile on your angelic face this aurora?”” Nothing mom, just was having a beautiful dream where flowers sing and angels call; boughs fly and starts fall.” “Wow, on with your poetry till date? Very good, now go along get ready!” smiling at the bemused expression gracing the features the brown eyes had been searching for years, the little figure pattered off to task.
Eating at home and that too from mothers own hand was another story altogether. Ask anyone round the globe; mothers always make the best chefs. Tucking into the meal, the arid hermit flooded itself with ichors which had long gone placid. Chirping birds were taking the specter down to those childhood days, why not enjoy them? The good morning song that had lulled the solitary spirit into a radiant dream still played and replayed itself in the ears, suborning with a new rich fantasy. Life could sometimes be so perfect, so enamoring. “Stop dreaming! Sometimes I wonder if you have grown up at all really!” “Mom, what is really
Growing up?

Even today when I trod the unused lane and notice the shadows dancing to the breeze,
There are no lights in the alley of course;
When I see the moon light play this light and sound show, shivers still run down my spine;
Have I really grown up?
Late some monsoon night, right after the first showers when I try closing the window,
The moist breeze kisses my face,
The horror of all those childhood dreams, creep in together;
Have I really grown up?
When I can’t sleep and can’t find peace however hard I try to,
Snuggling into the covers I try to lose myself in their depths,
I tell myself its my mother’s lap;
Have I really grown up?
When I look up at the luminescent heavens and see the moon smiling down at us,
Peeking from behind those coconut trees,
I still believe, it’s just a breath away; here I will stretch my hand just a little more and touch it;
Have I really grown up?
Days pass, months pass, years have flown bye;
Age has come and taken its due and left me here to fend for mine;
The years have passed, experiences have gathered, but the soul still cries like a babe;
Have I really grown up?
In this complicated and intricate mess of time and space,
Breaking through all its bondages and threads aren't I standing upright?
Is the gurgling laugh missing? Can’t you still see the mischief in the twinkling eyes?
Have I really grown up?”
The desert seemed to be filled to the brim, though the ability to overflow seemed to have deserted it. The black barricade seemed to hold for once; as the land turned from white to crimson, warmth engulfed the two souls.
“Ashish, either you are hiding the camera properly or I am finding another camera man this moment!” Brown flints sparked with inferno. Ashish rushed over to the plantation in question, hastily placing and replacing its boughs. Alaina was in no way more accommodating than Agron, rather where she lacked in scathing comments, she made up by being an utter dictator. Work had to be done exactly as she had decreed, the correct number of boughs to cover the camera, the correct uniform for the rose vendor. Sometimes Ashish wondered what made him work under these two absolute menaces, but the amount of expertise even this half-trainee showed was missing in the most prominent reporters of the day. Dictator or not, Ashish preferred a boss who knew what he was doing or rather in this case what she was doing. The best cameraman and techie in the network, Ahish knew very well the bearings of one and every jugular in the ring. Ashish had been working for this pair for all the three years they had got together, and never had he seen a more dynamic duo. Barking out her instructions, Alaina positioned herself opposite Ashish in the cafeteria; it had a beautiful view both of the landscape and the work area. Within almost minutes, the minister walked in alongside the business head as expected. Lights, camera and action began! An hour and half later the whole shoot was done, every information was in record and every face camera covered. Alaina felt the thrumming in her ichors; her first project, her first report and that too this high profile a case; Agron must have explicit faith in her. No, no what had he said? Right, know don’t have faith. He must know her really well.
“What have you been doing with yourself child? Went for a shoot or battle? Just look at yourself!” Alaina’s mother stared at her darling daughter who seemed to have in her eyes, suddenly sprouted a tail. The whole attire was covered in mud and grime and yet the monkey looked as unruffled as a newly awoken babe. “Mom! I am a journalist; this is a part and parcel of our daily life. Stop over-reacting.” Alaina grinned at her mothers discomfort; during the starting months of her job, the mince had always wondered what her mother’s reaction would be if she saw Alaina right out of a shoot, getting the reaction first hand seemed even better than her vivid imagination. Chucking her backpack on the floor, hands dived into the copious pockets of her jeans; the party was on and the chief guest deserved to know. “Bunny? You needed something?” Agron’s voice sounded right out of the couch. “Wake up sleepy head, the project covering has already started; I did a good part of it today and you wouldn't believe how much information we have. It is even more than enough to start the first few prelims with though I would recommend a little further divulgence for confirmation.””Hold your horses; send me the clippings, I am sure you managed to bag them. I will go through them and do the necessary. For now, focus on your job. Your job is to cover, what to do with the coverings is none of your business, don’t lose your focus going into matters that are nothing of your concern.””Yeah right. Ok, I will focus.” “Fine, talk to you later love, take care. Bye.” Agron was never a man of many words. But, whatever he said he meant it. Well, he was right as always anyways; what was to be done with the coverings was none of her business. Alaina stared at the handset for quite some time before finally discarding it in favor of a fresh bath.
Alaina had never thought she would find herself cuddling with a phone, but well, love does strange things to even the strangest of beings. Agron for one, who would have thought that bastard could be so romantic? The sinuous way in which his voice danced to the tunes he hummed, the way the fountain of nectar washed over her again and again and again; everything about him was so perfect. Every night since he had proposed this had become almost a routine; it felt now like a second nature to go to sleep hearing his voice ringing in her ears like the distant bells of some forgotten temple.  “You know, I took a nerve relaxant today, Kishi took me to the doctor, was having trouble concentrating.”As the beloved voice near sang the confession in a half dreamy half doused voice, the listening ears seemed to be blazing aflame. The nerve of the man to take a nerve relaxant without informing! ”I wonder what I should do, shall I shout or soothe?” The man really irritated her beyond measure! Why would anyone take nerve medicines just like that? No wonder he had needed the doctor; thank the lord for Kishi, bless his soul. “Don’t soothe me, I am not worth it, shout at me you will feel free.” Agron’s words were dragging with the effects of the drug. “Listen to me, I will decide what you are worth, don’t try to dictate that. I know the medicine soothes you, but I have also known people who have been on these medicines for a long time. You have no idea how horrid their side effects are! Why would you damage such a brilliant mind? Do you want me to be left alone again?” A minute passed, another and another. The silence stretched on; Agron it seemed had decided to let the flames scorch the needed. When no more barrages seemed in the vicinity, the decorous resonance rang through the night, “Bunny, if all goes well and time is conducive, will you marry me?” All rationale decided to completely desert the desert. Marry Agron? Like really belong to him? Forever? Was this the effect of the drug? Was he in his senses at all? Was he serious? Dubieties and queries chased through the jumbled psyche. “Bunny? Are-“”I would like this one conversation to be in person.”Even to Alaina’s own ears, the words contained some uncharacteristic, unascertained calm. ”So you are not sure if you will-“”I did N-O-T say anything Agron, nor will I. I want this conversation to be in person. There are some moments that just can’t be lived on the phone.””Hmmm…alright. I just wanted to know if you would-“ Alaina really wanted to shout in frustration at the insufferable man. He would always be this know-it-all. Why in the name of the holy lord would he have to assume and postulate ripostes? ”What are you playing at Agron? Why ask me all this over phone?””I just wanted to know” The affray in the customarily stilly chord conciliated the surging tornado diminutively. Heaving a momentous wheeze, Alaina designed to soothe the frailed nerves. ”Please don’t spoil the most important things and moments in life. You know me Rex; you know I am dying to answer this question. You know very well what amount of restraint I have to use!””I wonder how long you will be able to hold your barriers restrict it.” The mischief was already back in the idolized voice. The adore mixed mischief mixed nectar tasted so delicious to the ears that Alaina almost did lose her restraint. May be it was just the image that danced in her mind, that dream already formed that stopped her from blurting out the answer. “Try me, I am damn stubborn. You have already seen the proofs first hand!””I don’t want to try you or test you…just scared it might be too late.” “Rex, dearest, do you not know how I feel? Please darling ease yourself. You are like a oasis to me, a wonderer in a desert. I have searched for you, craved for you, cried for you, prayed for you. Now, I have found you; do I know all the answers? No, but…” The little temptress closed her eyes in frustration. Her lord knew how much she wanted to answer that plea of love…adoration. But Alaina knew how much the poor soul had endured, she wanted to make this moment so special for him that he would forget every scratch, every gash from the past. But she had to give some answer…Rex, her Rex was pining for an answer, a confirmation, a dedication. Taking a steadying breath, the soft sweetness started to speak again…may be asking questions, may be answering…
A step and another and yet another,
A deep breath, a look up to the luminescent  heavens burning brightly;
Oh a bit too brightly to be of any ease…
The desert has been stretching out for days now, months or years even;
Time, here has little importance, it flies…so, it flies…
Sand dunes never change, the all purging heat doesn't change,
The ever present thirst doesn't change;
Every time an oasis appears, it’s just a play of the lights, a play of the burning heavens;
Puff!! Everything goes up in the smoke that rises from the heated earth…
The water! Please let the water stay….the thirst is such a slow murderer;
Parching for years…straining for years…
A cool breeze brushes past; Hold on, did it seem cool? The rising smoke in mid-noon…cool?
The parching thirst seems to do unprecedented things to the brain...
But…the sight upfront...it seemed so real, so inviting, so alluring, it made all wandering worth it
The most beautiful oasis, making itself known…
Lush green amidst the saffron waves…wet, full of promise, full of hope, full of life;
A turn, then one step, another and yet another…
Shall I reach my destiny after all??

Answer not known yet….hence…to be continued…”

No comments:

Post a Comment